Sunday, June 7, 2015

Battle 11 Results:Who's riding highest?


Welcome to Results Day!

I am dc ~ relief, and my battle featured:

"Ghost Riders in the Sky" with Judy Collins going head to head with The Sawtooth Mountain Boys.









Thank you to our Music Hosts:

Fae @ Far Away Eyes

Stephen T. McCarthy @ stmcc presents...


Your interest in joining this blogging event would be most welcomed. Please use the badge in the right margin - click that, and off you go to Stephen's! Leave your name and blog link in the comment box! 


Now the good stuff... My vote? Who won? Who lost? 

This was all tied up for a few days... it looked like I might have the tie breaker vote. Ha! Not so fast. ABFTS, Bryan and Brandon, came looking for Moonshine - lo and behold - forget the tie! They voted for the same artist. Thanks you, gentlemen!

I voted for The Sawtooth Mountain Boys. They were my shot of moonshine, (nope, I meant to say) my cup of tea!

Here are the final vote results:

The Sawtooth Mountain Boys @ 13 votes

Judy Collins @ 10 votes 

I enjoyed both songs, and could have voted either way. Still, I truly saw the ghost riders taking off with the Mountain Boys - might have been the flashing banjo!

Thank you very much for your participation and votes! Lets' end this by playing the song with the most votes. I hope to be back on June 15th - an old health issue prevents much participation in the blog world right now. (More later.)

Next Battle Date: June 15th!

20 comments:

  1. That was close.
    My results will be up tomorrow. Probably my last Battle of the Bands though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

      Delete
    2. Alex - I would miss your participation in BOTB. Then, again, there are so many other things you do - I know you'll be around!

      I'll watch for you every year in the Ninja Parade! (smile).

      Delete
  2. Another nice close contest for you, dear Dixie. I enjoyed both versions but, like you, I thought the Mountain Boys' handling of the material was spot on.

    Have a great week ahead, dear friend Dixie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We were the deciding votes? 3-way high five for us! I guess you can have some of that moonshine. And yes, people do still make it. We just drank some strawberry moonshine but a few months ago. Very dangerous stuff - you can hardly taste the alcohol. As for making it, what do you think mountain folk have to do aside from sitting around brewing moonshine in their tubs? It's either that or make meth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strawberry moonshine? I can't imagine. Do you guys ship?

      Delete
  4. Yeah for my team...oh, we're not doing teams? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. DIXIE POLKA ~
    First of all, I sure hope you're feeling better soon. I'll yak a prayer for ya, my friend. (I don't really "yak" 'em though. I take them quite seriously.)

    'GHOST RIDERS...' is a song I like a lot. Judy's version was better'n I thought it might be. Her singing was good and it was a plenty nice version. But... as I said before, I think of this song as traditionally a "guy's" song, and I appreciated all the appropriate Bluegrass / Country touches that the winner used in recording it.

    Close BOTB installment, which means: excellent BOTB installment. I figure anything that's within a 5-point margin is a really good, competitive Battle.

    I sure hope you will be with us again two weeks from now, Dixie!

    ~ D-FensDogG
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. POSTSCRIPT:
      That joke was really funny. Made me GOL.

      ~ D-FensDogG

      Delete
    2. ~ D-FensDogG -

      Thank you for the kindness of prayer. How many truly understand what that is or means? (smile).

      My doctor says - chronic fatigue, but I'm not so convinced. I went headlong into yard work, spring cleaning, and at the last moment added the A2Z challenge. I suspect I overdid it.

      I've learned a lot from you concerning battles - no joke. Scattered polka player that I am, I do try to listen. Ha! Anywho ~ thanks for the compliment.

      I'm glad you reminded me. Today is the first time I've been online since 6/05/15. I'll try to get a battle up! Until then I'll be in the lounge - lounging.

      Polka-d out!

      Delete
    3. ~ D-FensDogG - the joke? Yeah, that's a keeper!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh that joke is so funny! I think voted for Judy so I lost but its cool to see how close the results were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holli - you voted for The Sawtooth Mountain Boys - the winners!

      I love the joke too.

      Delete
  7. Sorry you're not feeling well, Dixie. Hope it gets better, soon!
    My choice didn't win, but it's always fun to have a close battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie D. ~ not to worry. I think both versions were winners!
      Thank you for the kind wishes!

      Delete
  8. Excellent battle! When they're that close you know you've picked two good ones.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Road trippin' with A to Z
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, I didn't expect this result. Funny how I never 'know' how my battle win go. (smile).

      Delete